[OSM-ja] 住所

Daniel Kastl daniel @ georepublic.de
2013年 2月 9日 (土) 02:09:49 GMT

Hi all,

That's a topic I like. Thanks!
And sorry for writing in English, but then I can better explain, I think.

First of all I think tagging an address with "addr:street" is not a good
idea in Japan.
In Europe and US an address is defined by City + Street + House Nr., but in
Japan the address system is different.
So in my opinion it would be bad to try to fit a Japanese address in the
wrong address system.

Address databases have a high value, for example for geocoding. So I think
we should do it right. It's not only for rendering a house number on the
map ;-)
The OSM tagging is flexible and open to new tags if existing ones don't
fit. Probably we need something new (tags and also input forms)

Japanese addresses have a "block" hierarchy. When you work with address
data in Japan it is usually categorized with short names such as: pref,
city, oaza, chiban ...
So naming like this would only work in Japan. But you could translate it to
something like:

addr:prefecture
addr:city
addr:district
addr:block
addr:house

Maybe then it also works in other countries with a block address system.
But my point is, that we need to split the address into the parts of the
address system.
To make it even more complicated, it's common that "マンション" buildings have
beautiful names.
And of course addresses are written in Kanji as well as Kana.

If this is all too complicated I agree with Ikiya-san and would just tag

addr:full=名古屋市中村区名駅4-7-1
addr:postcode=450-0002

Daniel

PS: Kana writing in addresses can be quite important for sorting addresses
by name.