[Talk-mw] Malawi Administrative Levels

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:20:05 UTC 2014

Would actually be great to set the admin levels for OSM, and edit this
wikipage: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:admin_level#admin_level.
It tries to make equivalentadmin levels between countries
Generally, national border = 2 and villages are 8
GVH would be 7, and Regions 3
Districts and TA could be 4 and 6, or 4 and 5, or 4 and 6 according to
where a potential intermediary level would likely be.

Surveys Dep people, what is your opinion?

Once set, this will allow us to ad admin:level tags for every location, and
differentiate GVH and villages. I can see some mappers of the team putting
"GVH something" as a name, and actually that should be avoided.

Sincerely,

Severin