[OSM-talk-nl] Internet explorer 8 mess..

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Thu Mar 6 22:49:17 GMT 2008

Milo van der Linden wrote:
> It turned out that openlayers and Google Maps are far from correctly
> implemented in IE8. Only when you select "Emulate IE 7" things turn back
> to normal (I feel a discussion comming up whether IE is normal at all)

This may well be that either or both sites codes for IE-specific quirks.
We should check our own code before pointing fingers at them. Word is,
IE 8 is much more standards-compliant than IE 7. And now it uses the
standards rendering mode by default, which is great for the long-term
future of the web. Lets not force them to reverse direction (again).

David Earl wrote:
 > And guarantee that 99% of people never look at OSM.

Firefox, Safari and Opera's combined market share is rather more than 1%
:-) Depending on which country you are in, it's anywhere between 15% and
45%.

Gerv