[OSM-talk-nl] junction= roundabaout

Wolfgang Wienke wo_wienke at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 19:48:33 UTC 2012

Am 21.11.2012 18:48, schrieb Maarten Deen:
> On 11/21/2012 06:45 PM, Maarten Deen wrote:
>> On 11/21/2012 06:41 PM, Wolfgang Wienke wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm mapping in NL near Aachen. Can someone tell me, why there is more
>> > that ONE way in a dutch roundabaout?
>> There isn't. A roundabout is always one way. If there are two directions
>> it is not a roundabout but a circular road.
>>
> Just after sending this I realized that I must have misread your
> question. You mean why most roundabouts are made up of more than one way.
>
> Initially it is because of the AND import. The AND dataset was such that
> between every junction of 3 or more roads there was a sperate way.
What means the AND dataset?

> Now it is just convenient if you have different relations (like a bus
> line) over the roundabout. Then you can indicate exactly which side a
> relation takes.
Well, this is really not necessary because you drive the roundabout
alwas in the same direction.
In Germany we only have roundabouts made of ONE way. If you use the
relation-editor of JOSM, than you can easily recgnize a roundabout.
Would it not be easier, to use only ONE way in a roundabaout?
--
                                Mit freundlichen Gruessen

                                      Wolfgang Wienke