[OSM-talk-nl] FW: Impact Of Imports On User Engagement : Sophie Kate Salway

sophie salway sophiekatesalway at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 15:35:17 UTC 2013

 Dear all,

 I am currently writing a research project, at the University College London, which focuses on the 'Impact of Imports On OSM User Engagement'. The project is focused on the impact of the 2007 AND import in the Netherlands, but it shall also address the wider impact of imports in Europe and even worldwide. The reason for me emailing the Dutch imports mailing list is because I want to include the perspective of the user in my research - what do the people on the ground (particularly in the Netherlands) think about importing data into OSM?

So far I have read through the threads of several OSM mailing lists and have found the discussions particularly interesting. I'd really like it if I could get feedback on a series of research questions as I'd really value your opinion and thoughts. Any feedback is appreciated! Simple yes or no answers or bullet points would be absolutely perfect - if it is at all possible!

 Research Questions;
 Are/Were you for or against the AND data import in the Netherlands?
 What have been the benefits and/or negatives of introducing the AND import into the OSM database?
 Do you think the AND data import has engaged the OSM user? If so, why?
 Do you think the AND data import has affected the overall quality of OSM in the Netherlands?
 With the introduction of the Amsterdam 2007 AND import and the TIGER import in the USA - is it more beneficial to import road networks?
 Do you think that the AND data import has changed the role of the user? For example, have imports required the user to edit and correct data rather than collect their own information to upload.

 If you have any other thoughts that you wish to discuss please contact me on my email address: sophiekatesalway at hotmail.co.uk. I'd really appreciate it.

 Thank you for your time!

 Sophie

Please note: I have had a similar discussion with the imports mailing list - so I am sorry for any repetition!