[OSM-talk-nl] Netherland mapping for Tourists / Adress nodes move to building etc

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:39:31 UTC 2014

For maintenance, the way we do it now doesn't work IMHO. At least not with
only a handful of (40-50) mappers in both Belgium and The Netherlands. We
can't keep up with the changes.

IMHO The amount of work to add new data is approx. the same as verifying
and keeping it up to date.
I wonder how many mappers we really need to keep a country such a The
Netherlands up-to-date. Not only on addresses, but also on POIs (companies,
shops, benches, traffic signs, schools, sidewalks, paths, access
permissions, etc. etc.)

I also see  a "cultural" difference between The Netherlands (having done 2
major imports already) and Belgium (more averse towards big imports). So
it's also interesting to see how this has an impact on those things.

Happy mapping

p.s. Hopefully you can drop by some time and remove some of those phantom
buildings the AND import introduced in the north of Belgium :-)