[OSM-talk-nl] Netherland mapping for Tourists / Adress nodes move to building etc

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 04:48:58 UTC 2014

After 3.5 years and 34.000 addresses, I have to admit that an import is the
only way to get addresses in OSM fast.

But is the conclusion that we have to make that a crowed-sourced model for
map making failed ? That we have to move to an import of third-party
databases model ? One were the source is maintained elsewhere and OSM is
nothing more than a combination of all those databases ?
Are we going to a Google-like model were "ordinary" mappers cannot change
stuff and see the result immediately ? Will everything have to be
"approved" by the original data source ? Are those the kind of questions
that the OSM-future group is thinking about ?

Another, related question is how do you want to deal with updates on BAG
data now. Can a (tourist) mapper change the building outline or remove it ?
Or will it be reverted with the next BAG update when the change is not
reported back to BAG ? That's what I've read on the forum when I reported
the mistake.

regards