[Talk-nz] Place names

Timothée Duhamel timothee.duhamel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 23:43:57 UTC 2021

Here is one example of the tuhotō edit warring:

The argument used is that the signage on the ground should be the "source
of truth". This is a defensible position, but, as stated by the DWG rep in
that changeset, ultimately it is up to the local community (us? this
mailing list?) to set guidelines on name tag usage.

I agree with everyone else so far, that we should include tuhotō on the
name tag (where the name is gazetted as such) even when signage on the
ground may commonly exclude the macron.