[Talk-pacific] [Meeting invite] OSGeo Membership discussion and OSGeo Oceania election debrief

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:42:30 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

*What does it mean to be a member of OSGeo Oceania?*

This is one of the many questions people have been asking the organisation
and it is one that we should collectively answer.

I would like to invite you all to a meeting on Wednesday, December 23rd at
12:00pm UTC+11 to discuss this and other questions further. I have added
this meeting to an open OSGeo Oceania calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dgea06cf2tu9ukl2f7nmfqjp98%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia%2FMelbourne>
where
you will find this meeting and others.

If you cannot make the meeting, but are interested nonetheless, please add
yourself to the agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FE57J6Ze3X9jV7oJEE66TAUcMMO6s73-YxuFPb9bDsU/edit#>
under 'Apologies, but interested'. That way we can make sure to invite you
to future meetings.

The agenda is sparse at the moment, but I welcome new additions.

Other questions to discuss include:

   -
*What does it mean to be a member of OSGeo Oceania? *
   -
*What are the requirements to be a member? *
   -
*Should there even be requirements? *
   -
*Why was the recent election vote participation so low? *
   -
*How can a member get involved? *
   -
*How do we do a better job engaging current and potential members? *
   -
*How do we ensure a welcoming environment? *
   - *How do we live up to the "Oceania" in OSGeo Oceania?*

I hope to see many of you there, and please invite others you may know who
are interested.

Thank you,

Ed