[talk-ph] QC administrative boundaries

sorabsuperstar at web.de sorabsuperstar at web.de
Tue Dec 2 09:42:00 GMT 2008

> May I just add, political/administrative boundaries in general in the
> Philippines is a thorny issue.  So I expect we will encounter virtual
> boundary disputes in the future.

And may I suggest that you Pinoys settle the VIRTUAL boundary disputes with VIRTUAL shotguns. EA Games and ID Soft offer nice selections ;)  (I'd even join then :))

> Come to think of it, this could a
> good benchmark that Openstreetmap is now popular in the Philippines.

This brings me to an(other) off topic item I encountered yesterday:
Did you know that in the Philippines Firefox has almost the same market share as IE!? (Both around 47 % according to Hitslink. World market share is much lower for Firefox = ca 21%; while MS' IE is STILL 'owning' the web with almost 70%).
I find this quite surprising, since usually MS rules emerging markets. Exemptions are only some Eastern European countries and... well and the Philippines  :)

Cheers

Soren