[talk-ph] Star Tollway Updates

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Wed Dec 3 06:57:31 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Having just done my first few trips with a new GPS, I uploaded a couple of tracks and was trying to figure out how to incorporate them into OSM, but Manning beat me to it!

My problem was that the route was for the most part duplicated, but there were one or two bits which I needed to incorporate into the map. I was looking around in Potlach, but it seems that JOSM is probably the best tool for the job. Does that sound right? Any advice on the procedure, or pointers to HowTos would be appreciated.

Here's my setup for anyone who's interested.

Navman B10 cheapie GPS receiver, linked to
 - My Sony Ericsson K530i phone running Trail Explorer or
 - My Dell laptop running Ubuntu Linux with Tango GPS

Just love Tango GPS. I took a drive with it the other day, having pre-downloaded the relevant sections of Manila OSM, and it worked a treat. If anyone needs any help setting this up on Ubuntu, do let me know. I'm a bit of a Linux geek.

Jim