[talk-ph] Cebu tracks.

Maning Sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:24:32 GMT 2008

First of all, WELCOME!
On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 14:54 +0800, Jim Morgan wrote:
> Bad form replying to my own post ....
>
> So, I've just processed the first track by using JOSM. I basically used the grey dots for a guide, and then clicked my way 40 km along the road with the way creation tool. Was that what I was meant to do? Seems a laborious way of doing it, but the data is in there now.

In JOSM you can, right-click the gpx file in the layer window and
convert to data layer.  The whole gpx is now a way which you can add
tags or simplify the geometry, by deleting points.

You can simplify a way using the simplify plugin.

I generally advise this for "virgin areas" as there will be no conflict
with existing data.  Don't do this for areas like Metro Manila.

keep on mapping!