[talk-ph] Philippines first gps2go recipient

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:43:52 BST 2008

Hi,

I just got the news that our gps2go application from the OSM
Foundation has been granted!

"GPStogo is a scheme for providing GPS receivers, for the purpose of
contributing to OSM,
to people in developing countries where the cost is otherwise
prohibitively expensive."

Details at: http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/gpstogo/

The press release will come out soon.  The units will be delivered to
me as the contact person for the Philippines.  The units will be for
OSM Philippines.
And since the community owns the units, I would like the community to
be involved in the maintenance and use.

I have crafted a draft wikipage for it here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Philippines_GPS_Units_for_Loan.
 Please expand.

We also need to discuss a scheme on how we can distribute the units
and who will be qualified to use it.
We can follow the guidelines by OSM foundation
(http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/gpstogo/ see section on
recipients) or make our own.

Once the units are with me, I would also like for us to have a
meet-up/mapping party somewhere so we can use them right away.

Any ideas!

| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|