[talk-ph] National Borders & Highway

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 01:22:12 GMT 2008

Some clarifications and comments:

> 2 - national boundary (mostly applicable to the sea border with Malaysia
> 4 - provinces
> 6 - cities and municipalities
2, 4 & 6 is OK with me

> 8 - districts (like in Manila, Iloilo City)
> 9 - zone (like in Manila, Pasay, Caloocan)
8 & 9, I don't get this much, please explain further.

> 10 - barangay
This is OK, but it poses a some difficulty in mapping for highly dense
area (like Manila)

> 12 - sitio/purok
I haven't seen any boundaries for such areas (I've been to that is)

I think the tag boundary:administrative should used for those with
legal administrative jurisdictions.  Regions don't have any legal
jurisdictions (no elected officials).

just my thoughts.

--