[talk-ph] request for assistance to import Philippine data from PAFID

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Apr 1 16:02:14 BST 2009

This sounds like a wonderful resource both for what it gives OSM and for OSM to give back. Thanks Maning!

Can you confirm the exact nature of the data?  There is one ESRI Shapefile per original map sheet per data type (rivers, roads, ...)?  And the Cartalinks vectors (sorry I am not familiar with this) is the same data but in a different format?

Mike

PS To quote from the wiki page for the benefit of the general talk list:

"PAFID is a non-profit organization providing mapping services to Indigenous Peoples in the Philippines through collaborative efforts like participatory and resource mapping as a tool for asserting Indigenous Peoples rights to resources and ancestral domain. The institution maintains comprehensive datasets of various topographic features of IP lands. These data includes topographic features such as roads, rivers, contour elevation, community resources, ancestral domain boundaries. "