[talk-ph] mapping request for a small city

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:50:21 BST 2009

Hi,

A follow-up status of this mapping request.  The initial plan would be:

1.  Conduct mapping workshops and talks to students (how to collect
data, use gps)
2.  Data editing to Openstreetmap
3.  Data that will be collected are roads and POIS
4.  Initial coverage would be 10 municipalities (mostly rural towns).
5.  Initial sched is mid of September.

If anyone is interested, send me a message once all details are ironed
out, I suggest we meet and plan for logistics.  If others are willing
to participate but can't travel, we can discuss how you can edit the
data at home.

The fee is not much but what I am excited about is the opportunity to
expand data and advocacy for OSM Philippines.