[talk-ph] your osm workplan for 2009

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:01:24 GMT 2009

A couple more ideas on my head:

1. "More organized area mapping" - we conduct a monthly mapping event
(most likely virtual).  For example, for each month, we focus on a
certain area/city/town for mapping (roads, landuse, buildings other
features).  Of course we cannot label all road names unless we visit
the area.  This will the task of the local mapper.

2. "Q&A Mapping" - for a certain month or week, we focus on correcting
map errors by clearing map bugs (wrong tags, unconnected
intersections, missing labels, etc.)

3. "Feature mapping" - for a certain month or week we focus efforts on
a certain feature.  For example today is coastline mapping, we update
coastlines using either landsat or yahoo!.  Or a month/week for
landuse etc.

This way we can get measurable/visible updates as a group. Of course
this does not have to get in the way of your usual mapping activity.
Perhaps an hour would be alloted to the monthly mapping event?

What do you guys think?