[talk-ph] Numbers ...

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 03:44:50 GMT 2009

There are several cities in the Philippines whose barangay names are mostly
numeric. The most notorious is Manila with 897 barangays, all numeric save
for a few that have "-A" or "-B" type suffixes.

Barangay geospatial is definitely one thing we should input into OSM, but we
have a messy rendering issue that we probably can't resolve right now.

The rendering looks ugly (and I have never seen any commercial map render
these barangay names for Pasay, Manila, and Caloocan in Metro Manila) and
since we don't generally tag for the renderer, we can't do anything about it
for the moment, but I think we need to tackle this issue in the future.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com