[talk-ph] Broadening coverage.

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:03:26 GMT 2009

Great idea!

Feel free to improve this for the Philippine setting:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Weekend_mapping_projects/Form_letters

Some tips in writing press releases:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Writing_a_press_release

> It occured to me as I was browsing some of the resorts, that this would be a good way to get more people hooked in. All the resorts have bad instructions on how to get there, and most of them are in fairly remote areas. So, if we were to approach them and suggest that they make sure their bit of the Philippines is "on the map", then they can use OSM as a resource on their websites, to make sure that customers (especially ones with GPS!) can find them.

Some resorts are in Ed's webpage:
www.waypoints.ph

Maybe Ed can also help us with contacts.  Informal/personal/social
contacts sends the message across a lot easier.