[talk-ph] Broadening coverage.

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:05:54 GMT 2009

Regarding resorts listed at waypointsdotph ... no problem ... I will have
those resorts that have coordinates added to OSM.  Btw, what tag will we use
for resorts?  will we simply use Hotel?

As to contact numbers.  You can use the ones listed on the website.  I can
give Maning the list.  Though I already tried to ask the resorts that do not
have gps coordinates to to send in their coordinates but they usually do not
have access to GPS receivers.  And locating and pinpointing their
establishments on the current map is not easy either especially for resorts
in the provinces.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Great idea!
>
> Feel free to improve this for the Philippine setting:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Weekend_mapping_projects/Form_letters
>
> Some tips in writing press releases:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Writing_a_press_release
>
> > It occured to me as I was browsing some of the resorts, that this would
> be a good way to get more people hooked in. All the resorts have bad
> instructions on how to get there, and most of them are in fairly remote
> areas. So, if we were to approach them and suggest that they make sure their
> bit of the Philippines is "on the map", then they can use OSM as a resource
> on their websites, to make sure that customers (especially ones with GPS!)
> can find them.
>
> Some resorts are in Ed's webpage:
> www.waypoints.ph
>
> Maybe Ed can also help us with contacts.  Informal/personal/social
> contacts sends the message across a lot easier.

website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph
- reeflife.eppgarcia.com

PADI Divemaster #491048