[talk-ph] RFC: importing protected areas/ national parks boundaries

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:36:26 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should we add them? Why not?
OK, I will send a sample file for everyone to look at before adding them.

I'm thinking of including additional tag, for example:

name=Northern Sierra Madre Natural Park
boundary=national_park
NIPAS:category=natural park # this link for ref:
http://sunsite.nus.edu.sg/apcel/dbase/filipino/primary/phanip.html
source=PBCPP, 2002 # this is the actual source of publication

Is this OK, or any better tag for this?

> I think these are the same shapefiles that Microsoft Encarta used in its
> Atlas component and the same ones imported into Google Maps/Map Maker. For
> instance look at the following Google Maps links:
>
> Biak-na-Bato National Park:
> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=15.11853,121.087189&spn=0.082363,0.175781&z=13

We have way better boundary of Biak na Bato:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=15.1417&lon=121.099&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF
(I know because I stayed there for a few years)