[talk-ph] Bulk contributors in the Philippines and the ODbL license

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 01:55:14 GMT 2009

I am also monitoring the exchanges (hundreds!) regarding the license
change.  But honestly, there's too much noise than signal.
I think we need to clear up the air a little bit to get an objective
sense on what the license will be and its implications to our personal
contributions and bulk imports.

2 bulk imports in the Philippines should be of concern:

1. Naga City
2. POI import from jklinc,waypoints.ph,rpmap

The rest of the bulk imports (coastline, GNS, out-of-copyright maps)
shouldn't have much problem.
I will comb through the data import page in the next few days.