[talk-ph] Philippine addressing system for OSM

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:36:45 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have been discussing with rally about adding addresses to osm.  We
all know it's messy here in the Philippines but rally outlined an even
more messy situation!
I hope we can pool our minds together to come-up with a sensible
addressing format for the Philippines.

I've started a wikipage to collect some notes
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines/Philippine_addressing

I suggest we adopt the Karlsruhe Schema and adopt all possible tags
that fit the Philippines.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Address

here's the email from rally (background rally works in courier service
so he knows this stuff very well):