[talk-ph] topomap digitizing for OSM-PH

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 05:51:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

I got hold of a copyright free 1:50,000 topomaps of the whole country.
 Provincial roads and other POIs doesn't change much so I think we can
use it for OSM.
The problem is the file is in a cryptic secret QCT raster file format.
 I can't get a free converter, but you can use Memory Map's
trial-version viewer to load the map.
>From memo map, we can trace the roads and export either to gpx or shapefile.

Is there anybody interested in doing this?  Just let me know.