[talk-ph] POIs Part 2

Ahmed Farooq ahmed at enthropia.com
Wed May 6 17:01:48 BST 2009

Right - it isn't just about the rendering, but about the underlying data. A
POI should be considered a universal point of interest - ala a landmark of
building that would be included in a 'Guide to XXX City'. Loading up on all
the businesses is changing from being a map to a yellowpages - which is fine
if that is the idea of the project. Keeping this data upto date is far
harder than actual pathways - and once businesses are no longer operating,
the data will be bad - and that is a dangerous path to go down.

-A