[talk-ph] new high-res images available from digitalglobe

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 09:33:35 GMT 2009

maning sambale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just an additional update:
> 1. SPOT Asia donated SPOT5 images for areas in Eastern Bulacan (10m
> resolution). Not very high-res but we can still use it.
>
> 2.  Quickbird downloads halfway done (I'm running out of disk space
> already!).  Posted a hosting request to the OSm main talk.  No takers
> so far.

One option to host the images might be on the OSM-dev server. It has a
fair amount of space and can be used for projects to help expand OSM, so
hosting aerial imagery from which one can trace for OSM seems well
within its intended purposes. It currently also hosts some
out-of-copyright maps of the UK for tracing, which is similar in nature.
   I guess it will depend a bit on how large the images are and under
what conditions they are allowed to be used, but it is worth asking the
server admins for a dev-account.

Another alternative could potentially be the new dev server Strato
donated to the German OSM-chapter.

Kai