[talk-ph] Time for another mapping party?

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 13:34:50 BST 2009

We could try a simultaneous mapping party in Manila and in Davao (and possibly in some place within the Philippines) sometime between November of this year
and February of next year. Just a question: Was there an event that sounds like a simultaneous mapping party in multiple locations (possibly in the same area)
in the same day/week?

BTW, there are other spots with cloud cover and/or old data in Yahoo's Satellite Images:

* Teachers Village, some areas in North & East Triangle and Piñahan (since the images for the SM North EDSA-Trinoma-Eton Centris areas
are out of date since possibly the early to middle part of the 2000's), a spot somewhere in the PhilAm-West Triangle-Del Monte area,
Roxas District, Barangay Santol, some areas near New Manila, and some areas in the UP Campus-New Era-Culiat area in Quezon City
* Some areas in Sampaloc and Santa Mesa, BASECO in Manila
* Southern and central San Juan City (though most of the roads are already laid out, I believe that we might have missed some streets)
* The northern part of Ortigas Center (Barangay San Antonio) in Pasig City
* (possibly) the Filinvest Corporate City/Filincity area in Muntinlupa City

To be honest, I just hope that at least 12 or so "experienced" contributors will join the said mapping party, and share their experiences with each other (and possibly
with potential contributors).