[talk-ph] Fwd: [waypointsdotph] Red Cross Needs your help

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:10:32 BST 2009

I went around some evac sites today by bike.  We tried to visit evac
sites that were not "in the news".  I am on a borrowed machine to send
this mail and upload the gps files.

Please help red cross geocode the known evac sites.  This is very
useful for fast delivery of needs relief goods and services.  Most of
Marikina's road are passable already so there should be no problem in
relief goods delivery.  Medyo traffic lang.

You can easily geocode evac sites in Markina mostly schools and
churches by using OSM data.  My data is here:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/file/detail/gps_ondoy_maning.zip

The data contains my gpx traces as well as a waypoint file containing
evac sites (3 points) a sample data is below:
Evac Site: Brgy Sto Nino Elementary School
City:San Mateo
Barangay:Sto Nino
Contact_Person:Lina Teodoro, Brgy secretary
Contact_Number:09167968144
Families:affected families- 343, families still in the evacuation center-46
Source:maning survey
Have they received Assistance: red cross provided 2(?) days worth of
food, more is needed

If anyone can trace the road in OSM, I believe (these are new ones)
that would be helpful.

I will be offline again after this message so please coordinate with
Loiue (his contact is below).