[talk-ph] need help on mapping for ondoy/Kestana flood victims in Metro Manila

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:53:11 BST 2009

Thanks, I'm looking at these maps right now.  Are the reported
cases/placemarks being "closed"  if the missing person was found?  The
placemarks it looks overwhelming but some reports were filed "3 days
ago", are these people still missing.

What I have in mind is a simple portal for post disaster activities,
especially for re-building public infrastructure and utilities (bug
report: we need garbage collection here, people are getting sick
already.) .  These things tend to be forgotten when there is no media
coverage anymore.

Anyway, let us brainstorm more.  And hopefully we can setup something
within the day.

@ Rally, I don't have the technical skills to setup this up as well.
Thanks for offering your resources.  Maybe we can think of something
useful for your gears.