[talk-ph] need help on mapping for ondoy/Kestana flood victims in Metro Manila

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:31:31 BST 2009

Hi maning,

The Ondoy situation maps on Google Maps My Maps (
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110868206150348750692.00047479b6400ee29bd89&ll=14.645791,121.107874&spn=0.107954,0.154324)
is the most publicized webmap there is. It shows the locations of people
needing immediate rescue and help.

I don't think we should duplicate that effort since it would split
resources.

I guess what we can do is to map out rehabilitation efforts instead of
people needing rescue.

Also, some bloggers and other people I know are looking to use the Sahana
FOSS Disaster Management System to coordinate efforts on various aspects of
a disaster. I'm not sure how OSM can fit into the picture yet. (
http://sahana.kahelos.org/index.php?mod=home&act=default)

Eugene

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com