[talk-ph] Node position for towns

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Wed Apr 7 04:28:25 BST 2010

And just thinking a bit further ... maybe we're stressing out too much about this ...

Village and town names are only really useful when you're using a wide zoom level, say level 12. You're zoomed out and you need to locate an area, town, city etc. As  you zoom in, the town name disappears, and so the exact location of the civic centre doesn't really matter so much.

I reckon as long as its within a couple of hundred metres of the right spot, its probably OK. I certainly don't think its worth spending time and effort going over the entire map re-aligning nodes which may or may not be in the right place. The ones which are way off, sure, those are worth spending time on.

Jim

--
   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 920 912 5830
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/