[talk-ph] road conversion from primary to trunk

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:45:39 BST 2010

I assume that for certain long-distance routing, routers will prefer trunk
roads.

I am also looking at this from the perspective of road importance and
hierarchy (trunk, primary, secondary, tertiary, unclassified/residential)
which is what most of the international OSM community have agreed on. Before
Rally upgraded Quezon Avenue to trunk, this area has a lot of primary roads.
A person not knowing the area cannot easily deduce that Quezon Avenue is a
good choice if you want to go to northern Quezon City from the Sta. Mesa
area. By upgrading this corridor to trunk, it's an indication that this road
is more important for transport than E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue or Roosevelt
Avenue or other roads.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com