[talk-ph] railway being shadowed by trunk highway on mapnik

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 12:14:28 GMT 2010

Hello,

I was looking at the Malolos Bulacan area and noticed that, at wide zoom
levels,  the railway running along Mcarthur highway disappears and only the
highway is shown.

please see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.8419&lon=120.8506&zoom=14&layers=M

For a moment there, I thought that the railway was not yet traced in that
area of the map and so I set out to plot it in JOSM.  But in JOSM the
railway was already there!  And I found out that it is actually showing in
Osmarender layer.  Apparently, this is just a behaviour of Mapnik.

please see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.8419&lon=120.8506&zoom=14&layers=O

Is there a way to make mapnik display the railway "over" the highway so it
does not disappear?

--
website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph