[talk-ph] railway being shadowed by trunk highway on mapnik

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 14:49:53 GMT 2010

Hi Eugene,

True, no big problem actually ... It just feels more logical to have
railways "persist" throughout the zoom levels rather than have them
disappear when zoomed out.  For one thing, railways are usually long
distance ways and should actually be seen as they link towns, cities and
provinces.

Cosmetics, yes, but it is also funny to see railways that seem to "cross
under" highways like here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=13.931381&lon=121.404455&zoom=18&layers=M

no priority demanded here ... just a "nice to have:.

Happy New Year everyone!  I am mapping till midnight so I can say I have
been mapping for one year from 2010 to 2011!  hahaha

:>) ed

--
website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph