[talk-ph] [waypointsdotph] OSM-PH Marikina Mapping Party

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 04:46:37 GMT 2010

Hi All,

I would definitely like to join and would like to contribute by "directly"
seeking out the locations of attraction sites or popular places in Marikina
so they can be added to OSM and the vicinity maps of WaypointsDotPH.   These
are places like Good Eats, theme parks, museums, heritage places, historical
places, trade hubs, specialty crafts, etc.

As you may already know, several websites have already blogged or featured
such places with some even listing the places but they have not really
plotted nor provided the locations on maps.

My plan is ... During the mapping party, I would like to discuss with the
people who are familiar with Marikina and create a list of popular places
and find out their general locations, then we will go directly to the
locations, get the GPS coordinates and contribute the list of coordinates to
OSM and WaypointsDotPH.

See you guys!
ed

--