[talk-ph] City Database

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:40:19 GMT 2010

jing,

What specific attributes of the GADM database do we specifically need
in order to improve the city routing or search?

> "This dataset is freely available for academic and other non-commercial use.
> Redistribution, or commercial use, is not allowed without prior permission."
>
> I do not know what is their interpretation of the OSM effort, but I am sure
> OSM is non-commercial,
OSM can be commercial

>however, once we load the GADM database into OSM, we
> are technically redistributing it. But then it says "without prior
> permission".
> I think Maning can ask permission from GADM?
I can do that if it merits any improvement with OSM's PH data.
However, I am reluctant to do the import at the moment.  Anyone can do
it if we are allowed to do so.