[talk-ph] advise on tagging barangay health centers

Ronny Ager-Wick - Develo Ltd. raw at develo.ltd.uk
Mon Mar 15 14:16:13 GMT 2010

After a bit of research, strike my previous suggestion.
+.5 on amenity=clinic for me.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/talk@openstreetmap.org/msg05884.html

Statements from the discussion:
- Clinic can apply to other medical folks, such as chiropodists and
physiotherapists too.
- And physical rehabilitation, dementia care, psychiatric counseling...
the list might be quite a long one.

However it was suggested for our purposes to mean "polyclinics". Do our
municipial health centers fall under this category? In my opinion, yes,
pretty much.

We can also consider adding:

medical=<servicelist>
where <servicelist> is a semicolon-separated list of values from
{dentist, doctor, chiropodist, physiotherapy, minor_surgery, ...}.
and

emergency=yes|no
as well as
operator=Municipality of ___