[talk-ph] RFC: Planned Arivac Bohol Data Import

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 06:56:55 BST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Totor <totor_osm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think option 3 is the best indeed, so that we will not lose the existing road classification.
Done!  I'm finished with conflating OSM and Arivac data.  There are
some ways that I did not removed because I'm not sure which has better
road representation.

Eugene has some reservations with using:
website:http://hisdu2.sph.uq.edu.au/arivac/

Should I revert back to source_url:http://hisdu2.sph.uq.edu.au/arivac/ ?

> Would it be a big job to also create an osm file with the ways that are not imported ?

I can provide the original OSM  file for others to use with offline editing.

> This would allow in a second time to manually check the position of the already existing roads. (since some seem based on gps traces jumping all over the place.)
> We could also wait for GPS traces...
I hope they provide them as well.

I will wait for more replies today before uploading the initial
import.  I hope to finish this today so that others can start editing
this holy week.  Think of it as your penance. :)