[talk-ph] RFC: Planned Arivac Bohol Data Import

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 04:14:25 BST 2010

POIs done (1979 nodes in all)!

The initial POI tags are here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines/Data_import_Arivac_Bohol#POI_tags

Sample tagging
OSM added tags
amenity:clinic
clinic:public
source:arivac
source:url:http://hisdu2.sph.uq.edu.au/arivac/
FIXME:add names and proper tags

Arivac reference tags
arivac:name:L-01-606-010-06
arivac:type_id:1.000000
arivac:typetxt:Barangay health station

Some notes:
1. I didn't reconciled it with the existing POIs in OSM, I hope local
mappers would do that.
2. Many tags are not "official" in a sense with the default OSM Map
Features, for example, shop:corn_rice_mill.
3. A lot of POIs I don't normally map myself but I feel this is
important for rural areas like sari-sari stores which were tagged as
shop=convenience.
4. Some POIs are lumped into a sing category which needs further
verification, for example, Car/motorcycle/bicycle shop/metal/car
distributors which were tagged as	shop:car_parts.
5.  All POIs don't have a name