[talk-ph] Micro Mapping Party in Ortigas-Mandaluyong on May 22

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 03:22:53 BST 2010

Hi guys,

I really don't think we could push through with the Corregidor Mapping
Party. Planning was mostly nonexistent and I don't think many people are
willing to spend a large amount of money for the ferry trip and the possible
overnight stay in the hotel on Corregidor. Let's postpone that island for a
while.

In the meantime, I suggest we tackle parts of Metro Manila that are still
incomplete:

1. Mandaluyong-Shaw area:
http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=17&lat=14.58246&lon=121.04721&layers=B00000TFFFFF
This area of Mandaluyong is still missing a lot of streets because they are
covered by clouds in the Yahoo satellite imagery.

2. Ortigas CBD:
http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=17&lat=14.58448&lon=121.05964&layers=B00000TFFFFF
In contrast to the Makati CBD, Ortigas is still pretty blank in its building
coverage.

3. Metrowalk-Ortigas Home Depot:
http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=17&lat=14.58647&lon=121.06578&layers=B00000TFFFFF
Yahoo's satellite imagery in this area predates the large retail
construction here so it would be nice if we can map this new development.

One nice thing about this is that these three areas are near each other and
since this is Ortigas, meeting up would be easier.

And after the on-the-field surveying, let's meet up after and have that
newbies tutorial session that Carlos suggested.

What do you guys think? :-)

Eugene