[talk-ph] mapping seasonal features

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 03:19:28 GMT 2010

Hi,

In my own patch, some attractions are added specific to the christmas
season (tiangge, carnival rides, river taxis).  Tagging time dependent
features in OSM is not yet fully understood.  There is a start_dat
end_date tag, but I don't think this is properly rendered in the map:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:start_date

My personal practice is to add the feature and then remove them when
it is not there anymore.  As an example, I created a tiangge polygon
(landuse:retail) last year.  When the tiangge ended, I deleted the
polygon.  It was opened again this year so I undeleted the same
polygon:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/44130340/history

What would be the best practice for such type of features?