[talk-ph] Typhoon Megi/Juan Humanitarian OSM Team activation request

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:19:37 BST 2010

Today's update on the Typhoon Megi/Juan mapping.

1. 1:250k topomaps are now available as WMS which you can use as
basemap in JOSM and Merkator.
2. We made a quick rectification of Bunny's donated 1:50K and also
available as WMS.

More info in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines_Tropical_Storm_2010#Other_data_sources

A word of caution on using the WMS, these maps are really old and only
useful as additional reference for naming features.  Many of the shape
of features (i. e. rivers) have changed through the years.  However,
this still useful to verify Landsat traced features.