[talk-ph] Some towns of Laguna a bit far from reality? (was: can you help me with this one?)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 08:17:04 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM, tutubi
<tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com> wrote:
> Hi Maning,
>
> i guess it's BSWM as it's also the roads I aligned in Pakil and Paete
> as well as those I deleted/labeled as FIXMEs in Lumban town. The roads
> I deleted in Pakil earlier were also labeled BSWM.
OK thanks for clarifying.

> It appears the stray roads of Pangil are also duplicates for they
> align with my trace, yet parallel with the main and only road in and
> out of barangay Balian
>
> Pagsanjan town only needed street names (added already) while Sta.
> Cruz is pretty much covered and accurate so far
>
> Siniloan is most problematic that's why I asked for help. you can see
> I passed by the highway before going to Siniloan town proper to cvoer
> more ground. Siniloan map need to me dragged southward and compressed.

Once this is corrected, we have covered most of Laguna (except Santa
Maria) already as per  Eugene's Level 1-2 category:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines/Geodata_detail_levels

> btw, what's wrong with Magallanes?
Look here:
At lower zoom levels you can still see the fictitious roads.  It seems
somebody, scribbled some non-existent roads.  Fortunately, the Cavite
party corrected this.