[talk-ph] talk-ph Digest, Vol 26, Issue 18 Re: NGA-GNS uploads

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:31:02 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:22 PM, noel mondragon <noel_pylon03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My opinion that we need to check by our own local maps and some data are duplicated too. I tried it here sa aming LGU, merong mga inconsistency eg, spelling, coordinates and duplication. But it helps kasi me mga label ka na sa map.
> Is GNS-NGA is open source?

GNS data is public domain.  But as you and others have said, there are
a lot of errors in the data (that's what you get when you rely mostly
on foreign cartographers to make your topo maps).  Some of the
imported data from GNS have been fixed already in OSM.  If you want to
use the raw (along with its errors) you can get the data directly from
GNS website.  On the other hand, if you intend to use the data from
OSM, be mindful of the license. :)