[talk-ph] tagging rotund/roundabout

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 04:56:15 GMT 2011

Hi guys,

Here are several other rotunda problems:

1) How will routers treat a dual-carriageway rotunda like the Globe
Rotunda[1] near SM Mall of Asia? (Historical note: Until late last year,
this wasn't a real rotunda because there used to be barriers along the side
facing EDSA; you can't go round and round back then. Now you can.)

2) How do we correctly represent Remedios Circle[2] in Malate? The southwest
side of the circle has a direct connection to Adriatico since there is a
large paved area at this intersection. But I don't like distorting the shape
of this circle. What do you think?

3) If the rotunda is tangent to another street such as S. Javier[3] with
Wilson in Makati, do the routers correctly identify the number of the exits?

4) If one of the exits of the rotunda is a dual-carriageway road, such as
the 8th Avenue exit of the American Memorial Cemetery rotunda[4], do the
routers correctly identify the number of the exits?

5) Is the Maligayang Pagdating Rotunda[5] near NAIA 3 a real rotunda when it
really just functions as an elaborate pair of U-turns? How will routers
treat this? "Take a u-turn at Andrews Avenue" or "Enter the Maligayang
Pagdating Rotunda roundabout and take the next exit"?

[1] http://osm.org/go/4zhE0IQhu--
[2] http://osm.org/go/4zhFwPzik--
[3] http://osm.org/go/4zhFpy3Ng--
[4] http://osm.org/go/4zhGdU5qm--