[talk-ph] calamba-sta cruz famy junction road?

ianlopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 12:46:03 GMT 2011

I am primarily responsible for renaming a stretch of road between Calamba and Pila as the "Calamba - Santa Cruz - Famy Junction Road". I based it on online documents from the Department of Budget and Management and/or the Department of Public Works and Highways[1]. I support the motion that the stretch of road from Famy to Victoria be renamed as the Manila East Road. However, I'm not in favor in temporarily renaming the remaining stretch (Pila - Calamba) as the National Highway, pending the confirmation from local and/or national authorities confirming/verifying the name of that road - for now.

However, there is an item on page 15 (same document mentioned by Rally), describing a portion of the soon-to-be renamed road (on OSM) as the "Calamba-Los Baños-Bay Diversion Road" [2]

[1] http://www.dbm.gov.ph/Details2010/DPWH/DPWH.pdf
[2] it is also mentioned in a tweet from MERALCO re: Maintenance - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6g53u3

Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
Manny Ribera: Oh, well what's coming to you?
Tony Montana: The world, chico, and everything in it.
-----
Location1: 14.069979 N, 121.32575 E
Location2: 14.1598162 N, 121.2425899 E
Blog: http://ianlopez1115.wordpress.com/