[talk-ph] is the text "Province of" necessary in the is_in:state tags?

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:40:56 GMT 2011

FYI,

I believe I removed all instance of "Province of" in the is_in:state
tag.  The db should be a bit smaller now.

Since the major source of the data came from GNS, a few observations I noticed:
 - there is state/province labeled Kalinga-Apayao.  This should be
either Kalinga or Apayao only.  I simply removed the "Province of"
text.
 - no GNS place with Zamboanga Sibugay prov/state label.  Obviously,
since this is a newly created province.

As axk commented, many GNS places are mislocated please adjust the
position of these nodes as you encounter them.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing deletion of "Province of" in the is_in:state = in batches.
> Let me know if I missed certain areas or whether to exclude your own
> mapping patch/territory.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6195067
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6194871
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6180884
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm in favor of removing the "Province of".
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Most of the is_in:state tags have the value "Province of" in the name.
>>>  For example:
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/198502660
>>> gns_classification = ADM2
>>> gns_uni = -3354889