[talk-ph] testing the address and street search in osmphgps garmin map

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 02:48:26 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am currently testing the street and address indexing for the garmin
map.  This is a long time wanted feature for our garmin maps.

On the current map, newer models like nuvis cannot use the "Where to"
> "Address" option.  This is possible for older models like etrex and
venture by compiling the map via Mapsource.  As a workaround, we
converted the street as a POI in order to search for the streetnames.

Just today, I compiled a new map and its works! [1].  There are a
couple of bugs though, but basically, you can now use the  "Where to"
> "Address" to search for streets.
We need more tests before public distribution.  If you want to test
please download the maps here:

for mapsource -
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/index_ver/osmph_winmapsource_index.exe
for mac roadtrip or basecamp -
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/index_ver/osmph_macroadtrip_index.zip

Please report any problems so that we can isolate whether it is a data
or a compiler issue.  Enjoy bug hunting!

[1] http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1894761334210&set=a.1207655236987.2033026.1396878922