[talk-ph] testing the address and street search in osmphgps garmin map

Axel Kollmorgen akollmorgen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:23:12 GMT 2011

On 2011-02-14 10:48, maning sambale wrote:
> Just today, I compiled a new map and its works! [1].  There are a
> couple of bugs though, but basically, you can now use the  "Where to"
>> "Address" to search for streets.
> We need more tests before public distribution.  If you want to test
> please download the maps here:
>
> for mapsource -
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/index_ver/osmph_winmapsource_index.exe
>
> Please report any problems so that we can isolate whether it is a data
> or a compiler issue.  Enjoy bug hunting!

on my nokia n97 w/ garmin mobile xt (5.00.60), this is the first screen
after "Where to" > "Address":

http://osm.kollm.org/osm-ph_garmin/AFImg-12.jpg

hehe!

pressing "Spell Country" and then "Cancel" leaves me the following
country choices:

http://osm.kollm.org/osm-ph_garmin/AFImg-21.jpg

i bet you have an idea already :)

ax