[talk-ph] Allowed uses of map

sorabsuperstar at web.de sorabsuperstar at web.de
Thu Jan 13 13:50:32 GMT 2011

>> [http://www.gmanews.tv/story/210236/afp-eyes-transfer-of-major-service-commands-to-camp-aguinaldo]
>> Is this an allowed use of OpenStreetMap? Is the "Base map from OpenStreetMap" sufficient?

> BTW, nice use of OSM. ;-)

But yet it is non-licence-complaint use of OSM.

A correct notification for this map could for example look like"
 © OpenStreetMap contributors and GMANews.TV, CC-BY-SA

This said, it is pretty obvious to me that GMA did not act in bad faith. They tried to give attribution to OSM, they just don't know how to do it the right way :P
Theoretically problematic is that the license tag is missing too. So technically speaking they did not relicense their derivative work share alike. But practically I do not think that anyone wants to reuse that image anyway.

Btw: License or not, it is certainly not a copyright violation if Wayne posts the link to that website in an email. :)

Cheers
soeren